The Philippine Advantage
The Philippines, with its strategic location, is a gateway to the huge Asian market. Its considerable attractions as an investment destination include:
- A pool of English-speaking people who are highly trainable. Their capabilities and merits as blue-collar workers, technicians, professionals and managers have been confirmed in postings with foreign firms operating in the Philippines and overseas.
- A large potential market for consumer goods on account of its fast-growing population. Its ASEAN affiliation provides further opportunities for access to the ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA).
- The foreign-investor friendly posture of government. It has manifested its commitment to create conditions that attract foreign investments. Liberalized policies and regulations on foreign investments continue to be put in place.
- A conducive location for Asia Pacific expansion programmers and production facilities, further supported by the governments’ grants of fiscal concessions.
- The opening of industries previously restricted like the telecommunications industry, transportation, banking, retail, trade, energy, post extractive petroleum processing, and distribution industry, for the participation of foreign investors.